Ipswitch WS_FTP Server Ad Hoc Transfer Module
Now, companies can both manage and enforce their policies and processes around privacy, authentication, risk management, business continuity, and data loss prevention with respect to email with WS_FTP Server Ad Hoc Transfer module from Ipswitch File Transfer. It not only gives companies unparalleled governance, but it also allows end users to share information, with anyone, in a fast, easy, secure, visible, and well managed way.
Used in conjunction with any of the industry-leading WS_FTP Server products, the Ad Hoc Transfer module enables companies to proactively manage file transfer and other interactions. It also allows companies to create and enforce policies such as data and transport encryption, access control and authentication, data loss prevention, and content management. The WS_FTP Server: Ad Hoc Transfer module delivers complete visibility into all file transfer activities to help companies audit and report on all of these collaborative file interactions.
It doesn’t matter if your file transfer interactions are ad hoc – spontaneous, impromptu, and defined at the time of collaboration– or if they are more predefined, scheduled, and recurring explicit interactions. The Ad Hoc File Transfer module can improve the management of all these interactions and more, delivering powerful benefits for three important user groups: file senders, file recipients, and IT professionals.
Business Benefits of WS_FTP Server Ad Hoc Transfer Module
- No training required. Senders use familiar tools to send files (web browser and Microsoft Outlook).
- Increased productivity. No more wasted time figuring out how to send a file to someone.
- Can send files to anyone both internal and external to an organisation.
IT Benefits of WS_FTP Server Ad Hoc Transfer module
- Proactively manage all file transfer interactions, both within the company and also with people external to the organisation.
- Enforce administrator defined policies and rules for sending files to other people.
- Provides complete visibility into all file transfer activities.
- Removes the “file attachment” burden from the email server.
Benefits for file senders: The fastest, easiest, and most secure way to send files to other people
Now there’s a better option than insecure email, third-party software, thumb drives, or file transfer websites. Not only are these tools outside of the organisation’s control and often insecure, but they are also becoming increasingly restricted as companies seek to improve governance, visibility, and security of company information.
With the WS_FTP Server Ad Hoc Transfer module, authorised users can securely send files to anyone in the world using either a Web browser or Microsoft Outlook. All they need to know is the recipient’s email address.They can send a package of files (up to 2GB) along with an optional delivery note to an unlimited number of recipients, even those who are not WS_FTP Server users.
Benefits for File Recipients: Fast Notifications and Simple Retrieval of Files
Recipients are sent email notification the instant a WS_FTP Server user sends them a file. The email notification includes an embedded link to securely download the file or files, an optional note from the sender, and password requirements.
File recipients can retrieve files from their preferred Web browser – options include Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, or Chrome – without the need to install any plug-ins or additional third-party software. Recipients don’t even need to be a WS_FTP Server user to be able to receive the file packages.
Benefits for IT: Provide Employees with a Secure Way to Quickly Send Files to Other People
The WS_FTP Server Ad Hoc Transfer reduces employees’ reliance on insecure email and third-party file transfer software and websites, not to mention thumb drives and DVDs.
This solution gives IT the visibility and control it needs to give the entire organisation the data protection it requires. Additionally, the WS_FTP Server: Ad Hoc Transfer module frees IT departments from the administrative burden related to provisioning users on the file transfer server, improves overall file transfer governance, and streamlines visibility, logging, and reporting of all file transfers for compliance and auditing purposes.
If you would like any further information regarding the Ipswitch File Transfer product range or file transfer in general, please don’t hesitate to contact Pro2col.
- Use Web Browser or Microsoft Outlook for quick, simple and secure file sending
- No training required
- Proactively manage file sharing and other interactions
- Create & enforce polices such as data and transport encryption, access control, authentication, data loss prevention, and content management
- Complete visibility into all file sharing activities
- Secure person-to-person file sharing
- Remove the “file attachment” burden from the email server
- Email notifications