Ipswitch MOVEit Managed File Transfer: System and Workgroup Sharing
MOVEit Managed File Transfer supports the exchange of files and data between servers, systems and applications within and between organisations, as well as between groups and individuals using a common shared folder with simple browser access for users. MOVEit File Transfer supports the ease of access and secure file transfer that meets or exceeds an organisation’s security and compliance requirements.
- Exchange files and data between servers, systems and applications
- Exchange files and data within and between organisations
- Share between groups and individuals
- Use a common shared folder
- Simple browser access for users
- Governance required by IT for visibility, control and security
- Easy adoption for users, with no file limits
- Manage and automate consistent, secure file and data transfer processes when paired with the MOVEit Central workflow engine
If you would like any further information regarding the Ipswitch managed file transfer product range or file transfer in general, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
- Server logs of all file transfer activity
- Syslog integration
- Notifications of server events and completed file transfers
- Tamper-evident logging database
- Extensive reporting
- Standards based and integrates with existing infrastructure
- Person-to-person file sharing (browser and Outlook)
- Multi-tiered architectural deployment
- Virtualised platform support
- Virtual folders
- Authentication via LDAP, AD, ODBC and Radius databases
- Simultaneous authentication against multiple databases
- User self-provisioning
- Send to self archiving
- Workflow and automation of processes (with MOVEit Central)
- Exchange EDI documents over AS2 (with MOVEit Central)
- Failover and high availability
- User interfaces available in English, German, French and Spanish
- Custom URL and Branding
- SDK with API Interface
- Web farm for clustering and load balancing
- Pro2col Professional Services available for customisation or integration projects
- Ad Hoc File Transfer offered as a stand-alone product
- Guest user identification in logs and notifications
- User and group provisioning, access and permissions
- Password policies, including auto-expiration
- Rules for IP and user lockout and blacklisting/whitelisting
- Set user quotas (number of files/storage space)
- Encryption and protocols rules (FTPS, SFTP and HTTP/S)
- FIPS 140-2 validated cryptography
- File Integrity checking
- Non-repudiation and guaranteed delivery
- Expiration rules of files and folders on the server
- Hardened server settings and OS independent security
- Transport encryption (“data-in-transit”)
- Storage Encryption (“data-at-rest”)
Available as options for MOVEit DMZ – File Transfer:
- Multi Tenancy Option: Multiple organisation configuration where different divisions or departments use separate branding, folders, and authentication.
- API Interface: Get programmatic access to MOVEit DMZ to improve web application integration and automated account provisioning.
- High Availability: Ensure 100% availability with our optional web farm architecture.
- Mobile: Enables mobile users to reliably, productively and securely participate in business processes.
In version 8.0 MOVEit Managed File Transfer extends secure, compliant file-based workflows to mobile workers. Employees can send and receive work files with the enterprise-level security, visibility and control your business requires. These powerful new mobile capabilities are complemented by additional features to help IT confidently meet security and compliance demands.
MOVEit Mobile extends secure, compliant file-based workflows to mobile workers
MOVEit Mobile enables mobile workers on iOS and Android devices to access the power of MOVEit and participate in critical business processes, while confidently meeting IT security and compliance demands.
- Makes it easy for mobile users to participate in business processes: Secure sign-on, access and transfer of files, and ability to send and receive packages.
- Supports popular devices and integrates with native applications: Support for iOS devices including iPhone and iPad. Support for Android mobile phones and tablets.
- Provides a central administrator with visibility and control of all mobile file transfers: All the power of MOVEit’s centralized visibility and control for mobile file transfers. Control convenience features like PIN access and custom app branding.
New security capabilities help IT confidently meet security and compliance requirements
- Increased choice for anti-virus protection: Adds support for McAfee Web Gateway, continues to support Symantec and Sophos antivirus and scanning software.
- Enhanced security wizard: Streamlines security administration lockdown process, ensures secure configuration and enforces necessary steps to security harden a system running MOVEit.
- Latest vulnerability protection: MOVEit 8.0 supports the Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP) Top 10 2013 list. OWASP is an open-source web application security project dedicated to enabling businesses to develop, purchase, and maintain applications that can be trusted. The goal of the Top 10 project is to raise awareness about application security by identifying some of the most critical risks facing organisations.
Enhanced email secure attach options offer more control over file transfer security
Microsoft Outlook users now have the choice to protect sensitive email messages and attachments.
- MOVEit Mobile automatically removes and securely transfers the attachment, while the subject, body and link to attachment are sent by Outlook, preserving the conversation context within the email.
- For sensitive emails, both the attachment and the message content can be removed and securely transferred by MOVEit.
- Similar flexibility is offered to users sending packages from the MOVEit web interface.
Updated System Support
- Windows Server 2012
- SQL Server 2012
- Outlook 2013
- Exchange 2013