Biscom Secure File Transfer
Email, FTP and overnight couriers are no longer meeting the needs of businesses who are exchanging and transferring mission-critical business information. Each lacks the stringent security, management, and auditing requirements of today’s digitally driven world where data breaches can mean lost time and money, and more importantly, a tarnished reputation. Biscom Secure File Transfer is a secure file transfer solution that enables organisations and their employees to exchange and transfer large files easily and securely with colleagues, customers, partners, and other third parties while maintaining a complete transaction and audit trail.
For a complete overview of the features and functionality offered by Biscom Secure File Transfer, please click here.
Secure File Transfer
Biscom Secure File Transfer security applies to the application, data, and network. With Biscom Secure File Transfer, businesses can actively manages user and administrator access control to keep sensitive information safe.
Application security and governance
- Local and LDAP/Active Directory authentication support.
- Active protection for Web attacks and vulnerabilities, including SQL injection, cross-site scripting, and buffer overflows/overruns.
- User roles and permissions, policy-based access control.
- Automatic delivery expiration.
- User expiration and quotas.
- File type restrictions.
Data and network security
- Back-end file encryption (protection for “data at rest”) using AES 256-bit encryption.
- Encryption of files in transit using 128-bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL).
- Key management utilities for administrators with multiple encryption key support.
- Three-tier architecture to separate presentation, application, and data layers.
- Automatic file deletion/purging schedule.
- Obfuscated file system keeps file names and owners hidden.
File Tracking and Reporting
Along with its secure file transfer and delivery capabilities, Biscom Secure File Transfer provides a powerful set of tracking and reporting tools that enable organisations to monitor and audit the way in which sensitive data is being used, where it is going, and who is accessing it. Biscom Secure File Transfer also allows managers and administrators who may not require access, or be permitted to access the sensitive data, to track how it is being used by his/her employees. Tracking and reporting an essential part of regulatory compliance and Biscom Secure File Transfer can help organisations meet these requirements.
How it Works
Biscom Secure File Transfer is so simple to use – if your employees are familiar with web mail, they can use Biscom Secure File Transfer. Conceptually, sending files securely with Biscom Secure File Transfer is as easy as creating an email message – the difference is that users can keep their sensitive documents confidential with the increased protection and control it provides. Users do not have to worry about creating accounts for people they are delivering to, nor do users need to rely on the help desk or IT personnel when they need to send sensitive data.
Recipients also are presented with a simple and intuitive interface and can be confident that any files they download are protected. Any files and messages they send back through the BDS interface are also similarly protected in transit and at rest.
Steps to deliver files securely:
1. A sender selects files, documents, and other electronic media to deliver.
2. The sender enters the email addresses of the recipients of the package of files, and optionally enters a secure message.
3. Biscom Secure File Transfer encrypts the files and logs the delivery transaction.
4. Recipients are notified through an email message with an embedded URL.
5. Recipients signs in to the Biscom Delivery Server Web application.
6. Recipients can view the secure message and download files and the sender receives an email notification that the delivery has been viewed.
Benefits of Secure File Transfer with Biscom Secure File Transfer
Biscom Secure File Transfer keeps secure file transfer simple, manageable, and cost-effective. Biscom Secure File Transfer offers a simple, easy-to-use tool that integrates with an organisations existing messaging and document management solutions to prevent data loss and unauthorised file transfers. Administrators can easily create and manage user roles, permissions, and policies to help with compliance and internal security requirements.
Click here for a summary of the benefits provided with Biscom Secure File Transfer
- Windows and Linux server software
- VMware Appliance
For further information about the Biscom Secure File Transfer please get in touch with the Pro2col team on 0333 123 1240 or email us.
- Autonomy iManage Integration
- Sharepoint Integration
- ERP Integration
- PayPal Integration
- Simple user interface is geared for quick ad-hoc file transfers
- End-to-end security with encryption for data “in transit” and “at rest” using NIST approved AES 256-bit encryption
- No file size limits
- Powerful administrative tools for user management, system configuration, application customisation, and multilocale support
- Management and reporting tools
- Biscom Secure File Transfer Microsoft Outlook add-in (up to 2010)
- Integration with Active Directory and LDAP for user authentication and management
- Support for OpenLDAP and SunONE LDAP
- Real-time system activity monitoring, IP address tracking, and user activity and system utilisation reports
- Microsoft Outlook 2010 support (plugin)
- Compliance role for auditors
- Java, .NET, and Web services APIs with support for scripting and high-level languages
- Automatic checkpoint restart on network failure
- VMware appliance and subscription based Cloud offering available
- Automatic file compression to accelerate file transfers
- AutoPost and AutoFetch utilities for automated transfers
- Ability to upload entire folders (and their sub-folders)
- Collaboration features
- User preferences
- AutoPost and AutoFetch utilities for automated transfers
- Anti-virus Module
- Metadata Cleansing
- iPad App Now Available