Take Control of Email Security with Enterprise Email Management
In addition to protecting enterprise email networks from a barrage of spam, inbound attacks, and constantly evolving security threats, organisations must develop a comprehensive Data Loss Prevention strategy to ensure the security and confidentiality of sensitive business-critical data and communications.
Axway MailGate SC™ provides multiple tiers of security that can be used individually or in combination to block messaging threats at the DMZ and within the enterprise network, and secure inbound and outbound email traffic at the content and network levels. MailGate SC simplifies management with one comprehensive secure solution for inbound email, outbound encryption, and secure file delivery without impacting your current environment.
Secure file sharing
Support sharing of files internally and externally, including files shared with mobile devices, and remove the risks associated with consumer-grade cloud file sharing services with Axway DropZoneTM. Axway DropZone is an optional feature of the MailGate SC platform.
Data Loss Prevention (DLP)
MailGate SC provides content filtering and intuitive policy controls to prevent the kind of accidental or intentional email data leakage that can jeopardise brand, reputation, customer loyalty, regulatory compliance, and intellectual property. MailGate SC’s Digital Rights Management capabilities protect the integrity of attachments.All-inclusive email security via an integrated, single-box solution: Solving all your email security issues with one comprehensive solution, Axway MailGate SC is delivered as either a physical or virtual hardened Linux appliance which includes a powerful user-to-user email encryption platform. License email hygiene and email security separately or together, and enable both solutions at once or over time as your organisation’s needs change.
Custom development of secure messaging applications to meet your organisation’s needs
Easily accomplished using MailGate SC’s comprehensive APIs and branding capabilities.
Inbound threat protection
MailGate SC delivers the most comprehensive, effective, and easy-to-manage inbound email security available, including antispam, virus protection, and Intelligent Edge Defence technologies.
Using Axway MailGate SC, you can:
- Simplify regulatory and policy compliance
- Update security policies quickly and easily
- Secure private information and enforce policy on all inbound and outbound email
- Reduce costs by eliminating potential threats and optimising network performance
- Centralise email security management
- Provide high availability and allow end-user retrieval of deleted messages
- Allow for segregation of entities/organisations using enterprise multi-tenancy
- Gain visibility into business-critical communications with comprehensive and insightful reporting features
- Inspect incoming and outgoing S/MIME encrypted messages without breaking the encryption, while applying policy and routing messages accordingly
- Easily integrate MailGate SC into enterprise portals and other applications
- Convert MS Office attachments into password-protected, locked, and watermarked PDF files to preserve document integrity
- Deploy MailGate SC as a hardened Linux appliance on an Axway/Dell box, as a virtual VMware appliance, or via private cloud
If you would like any further information regarding the Axway managed file transfer product range or file transfer in general, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Centralised email security management
- Centralised management means you can have MailGate SC up and running quickly, processing close to two million messages per hour on a single appliance.
- A powerful management dashboard provides real-time visibility into email traffic, network attacks, spam statistics, message queues, content filtering, and more — even across multiple appliances or virtual environments.
- Automated report generation, data export for custom reporting, and advanced message tracking save time and improve visibility.
- MailGate SC enables IT to secure fi le sharing on mobile devices, empowering employees to securely manage and access email and files from any location.
- Granting easy file management from mobile devices supports adoption of BYOD policies across the workplace as a whole, which in turn fuels adoption of secure collaboration policies and keeps employees productive.
Encryption and secure delivery
- Define policies that automate gateway-to-gateway email encryption for any remote domain.
- Enforce TLS or S/MIME connections with remote domains, hostnames, partner sites, or IP addresses.
- Receive automatic alerts on TLS attempts and failures.
- Deliver secure email to any recipient without the need for desktop software, using MailGate SC’s Secure MailboxTM capability.
Secure folder sharing
- Secure your business collaboration beyond email and attachments with DropZone, an optional integrated secure collaboration (SC) feature, which enables registered users to securely share files and interact with other internal and external collaborators from their desktop, tablet, or smartphone.
Unified email and file sharing security
- Deploy Axway MailGate SC on a hardened IPv6-supported Linux appliance which includes Axway Secure Mailbox, a powerful email encryption platform, to solve all of your email security issues with a comprehensive solution on one appliance.
- License email hygiene, secure messaging, and file sharing separately or together. Enable all features at once, or over time as your needs change.
- A single install wizard, single admin UI, and single end-user UI deliver enhanced ease-of-installation and ease-of-use.
Advanced clear text access
- Security-sensitive organisations, such as government agencies, government contractors and vendors, can inspect incoming and outgoing S/MIME-encrypted messages without breaking the encryption, applying policy and routing messages accordingly.
- Advanced Kaspersky and McAfee engines detect and strip viruses from all major file types, including mobile code and compressed file formats.
- Automatic virus definition and engine updates provide uninterrupted virus scanning, maximising uptime and accelerating deployment of cures.
- Zero-hour protection quarantines suspicious messages and attachments in the critical early hours of a virus outbreak.
- Granular antivirus policies can be defined and enforced around users, recipients, attachment types, and executables.
- Intelligent language-based technology recognises spam like a human reader would, and prevents it from entering the network.
- Deploy enterprise-wide spam protection in 30 minutes or less to immediately eliminate more than 99% of spam—with a near-zero false-positive rate.
- Configurable filters and automatic spam-definition updates meet your unique requirements.
Digital rights management
- Convert sensitive Microsoft Office documents into password-protected PDF files.
- Disable certain functions—such as copy/paste, print, and edit—to preserve the integrity of document content.
- Include custom watermarks in PDFs.
- Remove metadata and edit outbound messages to comply with corporate policy.
- Scan and analyse email content and more than 300 types of attachments, including multiple levels of embedded archive files and hidden document text.
- Set up simple checkbox filters to identify personal and financial data, including Social Security or personal identification numbers, banking/trading (CUSIP), and credit/debit card numbers.
- Use the financial services lexicon to scan for personal financial information, including statements, account numbers, and trade confirmations.
- Use the HIPAA lexicon to scan for PHI, including patient identifiers, medical diagnostics and procedures, drug names, and treatment phrases.
Intelligent edge defence
- Anomaly detection and rate throttling with real-time zombie detection and IP reputation services defend against distributed botnet attacks.
- Reduce raw email loads by more than 90% by eliminating directory harvest attacks, denial-of-service attacks, malformed SMTP packets, invalid recipient addresses, and other forms of malicious and invalid messages.
- Verify recipients at the perimeter to create IP-based block and allow lists, identify suspicious senders, and apply intelligent traffic shaping and message throttling for invalid messages.
- Domain Keys Identified Mail (DKIM) technology authenticates user email domains to ensure that senders are who they say they are.
Advanced integration and solution extensibility
- A rich, RESTful API enables customers and solution providers to integrate the MailGate SC platform into enterprise portals and other applications, extending the capability and value of the solution to the enterprise.
High availability/disaster recovery
- Utilise disaster recovery capabilities to survive a data or server catastrophe with email intact. Backed-up data can be restored.
- Use network-attached storage (NAS) to enable true application-based high availability, for seamless functionality in the event of system failure.